Co-ordinates

Today we learnt how to do Coordinates. Coordinates are a pair of numbers which are used to determine the position of a point or a shape in a 2-dimensional plane. We define the position of a point on a 2D plane using two numbers, called the x-coordinate and the y-coordinate.

First we have to make a copy of the slides. Rafyel and I were working together. We had to find the location using the map of the Auckland Zoo, we had to find the following places and write their coordinates.

Next when we finished the google slides we had to make a copy of the google doc. We first read the instructions to see what we had to do. The instructions are Using the boxes below, a map similar to the Auckland Zoo. Then fill in the X (letters) and Y axis (number). Fill in your objects in the section below and find the coordinates for these objects. Rafyel did the Google doc and I had to fill it in.

Lastly we had to check our work and blog about what we did when we finished the google slide and google doc.

I enjoyed filling in the coordinates. I did well on working and talking about the work and what we had to do. I need to improve on not talking with other people.